End of Year 'I haven't forgotten this blog' post

It feels, sometimes, like I missed a trick in the last two years.

I could have written endless articles about dealing with lockdowns, health and all the repercussions of Covid. But instead I wrote nothing on this blog, precious little on Social Media and not much anywhere else.

What I have been doing over these last two years is trying to take stock of what I do and planning ways to change what I'm not happy with. There has been some progress, and quite a lot of procrastination.

In the positive camp we have:

Improving my health with more regular exercise and some trips to the doctor to sort out some potential long-term problems before they got worse. Specifically, a cancer scare that turned out to be something annoying, but far less deadly.

Improving my bass playing in a more organised way than before. Using the Players Path feature of Scott's Bass Lessons, I worked my way through the grade system, from below my ability to higher than what I thought my ability was.

In the procrastination camp we have:

The book I was going to write.

Changes to my day job.

A return to songwriting.

Taking photography more seriously.

More gigs.


I can only blame Covid for so much. It's time to sort out what is most important and get started. This blog will be part of that process. I don't know if anyone is still reading this, or any other blogs, but with FB going through its slow and painful death-throws, it feels like the right time to return.

Next time: A tribute.

Comments

Popular Posts