7" 1

Over on Facebook there is a great deal of posting about favourite albums. I've played this game too, with a few twists, over the years.

But here at the blog a lucky find made me consider sharing some singles with you? Remember singles? I don't have a record player any more so these are currently just artifacts. But each one tells a (thankfully short) story.

Here we go then, with this, from the Beatles. The song is Hey Jude, which I know as the sing that radio DJs never play in full, Over the years, as with many Beatles songs, the musical and lyrics seep into my unconscious. In this song's case it resurfaced as I was driving along, thinking of a boy's name for my unborn child since a girl's name was already chosen. The song popped into my head, I looked for it on the iPod (this was 2010) and found I didn't have it. Then I noticed I was crying, mostly because of the power of the lyric but maybe because I was very tired.

Anyway, I got another copy of the song and Jude (Hey, Jude!) is now trying to read what I'm writing.

Comments

Popular Posts