Why? Why do I hate camping so much?
The last time it was a combination of things:
- Being in a tent
- Being afraid that I would kill myself if I attempted to use the camping stove.
- Not being able to sleep.
- The overall uncomfortableness of it.
- Having to stay alert to catch Jude when he decided to get up at random points in the night to (very sensibly) try and get out.
- The aching feeling that, somewhere, there was an actual room with a bed in it that I was supposed to be in.
- The anti-empathic feeling you get when everyone else is seriously into something and you’re not.
- The noise of massed stupid people nearby.
- The pounding rain and wind.
- Having to get dressed to go to a toilet.
- Just… aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh! Everything!