Take me to the Bridge

Hurrah! Some very probable Bridge Street activity on the horizon. For those of you who don't know, Bridge Street is the three-piece spin off from Soul Beaver which allows myself (bass & vocals), Richard (guitars and vocals) and Richard (drums) to rock out with extended arrangements of songs by Hendrix, James Taylor, Scott Henderson, Stevie Ray Vaughan and even Randy Newman. This has been an exciting and powerful little band which hasn't played much recently. There's a very good chance we'll be appearing in Oxford in the next few months - I'll keep you posted.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Which band do you prefer working with Will; Soul Beaver or Bridge Street?
Will said…
They are two different intities. Same great drummer, totally different feel. I wrote the post because Bridge Street hasn't gigged recently. I do know that I've enjoyed playing in thes two bands more than any other.
Will said…
Two different entities... sigh.
Anonymous said…
Thanks for that.

I've only ever seen Soul Beaver before, not Bridge Street. Saw you at the point awhile back, you did an awesome version of lady marmalade and finished with tears of a clown I think.

Is Bridge Street along the same lines as Soul Beaver?
Will said…
Gosh, you saw us along time ago. Bridge Street is smaller, louder and more inclined to soloing. The songs tend to be more bluesy and rocky. Soul Beaver is larger, quieter (just) and has the advantage of having the wonderful Emma Jones singing. You may have seen us in one of our very rare gigs without Emma. Feel free to email me (you'll find the link in the profile) and I can let you know when we next gig.

Popular Posts