My Top 10 albums for 2017

It's that time of year again where I post a list of ten albums that came out in 2017 and that I loved. In no particular order and safe in the knowledge that there are actually fifteen albums here and that I have almost certainly missed some great music out, here we go...

[all links take you to the Bandcamp page for the appropriate album]

Lighthouse - Wingfield, Reuter, Stavi
The Invariant - Benedikt Jahnel Trio
Provenance - Bjorn Meyer
Falling for Ascension - Markus Reuter, Tobias Reber and Sonar
Blue Maqam - Anouar Brahem
Last Leaf - Danish String Quartet
Nuit Blanche - Tarkovsky Quartet
Live at Ronnie Scotts - John McLaughlin
Elevator Man - Lorenzo Feliciati
FACE - Markus Reuter, Pat Mastelotto
Sun Trance - Mannheimer Schlagwerk, Markus Reuter
Dis (-) Assemble - Jim Wright
Wake Up and See the Sun - Wayne Tucker
Halo - Juana Molina

And yes, I'm on it, but I'm very pleased with it, so I'm also including the album I made with Russell Kilmister. Twelve Friends.

Comments

Popular Posts