Peak District surprise!
1. We left late when the cat spotted the clear signs of impending catteryness and legged it over the garden wall. When she finally returned I scooped her up, put her in her cage and we hit the road.
2. Stopped on the way to Sheffield at a service station and, in a comedy baby/bottle of water interface moment, managed to soak J's trousers.
3. Arrived at Sheffield hotel to discover the bag with our wedding clothes was still in Oxford.
4. Had mad, high speed shopping expedition to Sheffield city centre and managed to buy two new outfits with money we probably didn't have.
5. Awoke the next day to find J had contracted food poisoning.
6. I drove to the wedding alone leaving mother and child to rest, relax and stay close to the bathroom. I had directions to the church so nothing could go wrong there.
7. I got lost on the way to the church and found myself in the Peak District (see photo).
8. With no money on me and very little petrol in the car I made it back to the hotel.
9. In the hotel room my attempts at explaining what had just happened caused both J and I to get hysterical giggles, almost waking the baby up.
10. Luckily the reception was at the hotel we were already staying in so that went by without incident.
11. Drove home as fast as possible only to find a message to say my dad was in hospital.
12. Drove to hospital to pick up parents and take them home.
Well, that's the weekend. Next weekend I'm planning on climbing into the wardrobe and not coming out for seven hours.