Walking and reading.


It's getting late and I can't remember if I posted this before. It's a shot from a walk into Oxford last weekend. Near Osney Island, where J grew up.

Today I got to go into town and buy some books. I picked up 'The Voyage of the Beagle' by Charles Darwin and 'After Dark' by Haruki Murakami. I also got to meet my oldest friend, David. We've been pals for 39 years now and we still haven't run out of things to talk about.

A nice moment of coincidence today. I was listening to Eastern Bloc by Thomas Dolby as I drove past an Oxford night club whose posters proclaimed (in very big letters) DDR. Only yesterday I was working on a Teutonic title for a track on the new album. Deep meaning? No.

Tonight I improvised my first real bedtime story for Freya. I've written it all down because that's the sort of thing I do.

Soon it will be time for all good people to take a break and have a holiday.

Comments

Popular Posts