Change


There was a time when I thought I wouldn't be a dad. When Freya came along I felt my whole world change. Let's face it, I've done some stupid and hurtful things in my time and probably wasted many years doing not very much of anything. But Freya made me slowly wake up to some of the better things I was capable of. I say slowly because it wasn't obvious straight away. I was too busy feeling sorry for myself and being busy with a whole range of ideas and ways of keeping occupied. Eventually though she brought me around.

There was a time when I thought I wouldn't be a dad again. But, this last year has been quite the most amazing, challenging and ultimately rewarding time ever. Now, I have a son and the stresses and blessings that go with that. I'm happy, at last, although nowhere near finished with my crazy ideas and grand plans.

Musical projects are having a brief break while the insanity of dealing with a baby and a three year old is worked out. However, the long gestating voice/music project is getting completed, Bridge Street will be back gigging in the not too distant future, the Eclipse Trio is ready to go (again) and a new Spingere album should be complete by the end of the year. It's going to feature some dedicated photographs (one for each song) and some new ideas (for me) in the use of instrumentation and arrangements.

Comments

Popular Posts