Room

I do read quite a lot of books but I’m a slow reader and there just isn’t enough time in the day to read as much as I like. Once in a while a book comes along that makes me make time. A book that, to use the cliché, I can’t put down. Books like this always connect at some deep emotional level that makes them more than a good read. There are books that are so affecting the resonance they create stays with me for days and reality is coloured by it.


For Christmas I got a copy of Room by Emma Donoghue. It’s the story of a boy and his mother, their imprisonment and their freedom (I don’t want to give much more away because part of the excitement of reading is the uncovering of the story). I don’t usually manage to read a 400 page book in two days but Room made me do so.

If you’ve been looking around for something to read that will leave a mark and make you cheer for good writing, read this book.

Comments

nmj said…
I must say I am put off by children's voices in case they are cloying. But I think this novel is something quite different from what people are saying. If you liked I think I will like it!

Popular Posts