Soup and Malt

Yesterday I was in a terrible mood. I hid it quite well through the day but it leaked out after I got home. Today it was as if the world decided to cheer me up. A fabulously untypical morning was followed by a pleasant surprise at work. My colleague had made me some pumpkin soup, which I then had for lunch. In between my normal dayjob work I finished a poem and started another. On the way home shuffle mode picked a great Talking Heads track. Now, where's that lottery ticket...

Just in case this makes me sound smug I'll tell you another little story. This evening my daughter asked for some honey on her yoghurt. I picked up the jar, spooned some on and gave it to her. Some time later I was made aware that I'd missed the jar of honey and accidentally picked up malt extract. D'oh!

Comments

Popular Posts