Crossroads

Crossroads by WJCruttenden
Crossroads, a photo by WJCruttenden on Flickr.

Yesterday I traveled to Nuneaton for dayjob purposes. I got to stay in a hotel that was really a motel that was actually the original Crossroads Motel (this won't sense if you live outside the UK or are less than thirty years old).
When I arrived the receptionist chose to take two calls before she acknowledged my existence, the breakfast room staff kept everyone outside in the cold because "the chef isn't ready yet" and when I mentioned that my TV remote was not working they brought me a new one, but put my mine in the room next door so when my colleague arrived, he couldn't use his TV. Little things but enough to make you despair
On the bright side, I had a few spare hours to myself which gave me time to stretch my poetry muscles and try out some pantoums and triolets. These are new forms to me and I'm loving the chance to try them out. One thing I'm working on is a snappy definition of a pantoum. That's for another post.

Comments

Popular Posts