Rediscovering 2

In my twenties I discovered the writings of Hunter S Thompson. I found his work exhilarating, exciting and annoying. Sometimes annoying things point the way to parts of our lives that need sorting out. Often, in my experience, people who annoy you are reflecting aspects of your own personality you don’t like. Reading Hunter Thompson was, appropriately, like drinking a particularly good whiskey or four just before a job interview.
Yesterday a friend and I were picking books off my shelves and opening them at random to try and come up with a band name. We were looking for a word or phrase that might connect with the music we were making. This was an almost unqualified disaster but, one of the books I picked up was ‘Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas’. Dipping into it I rediscovered the great prose of Hunter S Thompson and was hooked again.

Comments

Popular Posts