Sharm & Long John Baldry

Not wanting to dwell too much on death I do need to say a few words about the attacks at Sharm El Sheik in Egypt. Half of Soul Beaver (as The Beaver Brothers) played there some years ago. We had a lot of fun and met some lovely people who made us very welcome. A version of The Beaver Brother was invited back this year but touring and house moves kept us a away. I'm sure I speak for all of us when I wish the people of Sharm well and hope they can overcome this madness. I hope the musicians there at the moment can get back on stage and play again tonight.

Sadly (and with the assurance that my next post will be a more positive one) I notice we've just lost 'Long John' Baldry. As well as being a highly influencial musician he was also the first person I can rember whose single I would be captivated by. In my very early days there were a few songs I could listen to over and over again. The first of those was 'Let the Heartache Begin' by Mr Baldry. As with James Doohan I was happily surprised to discover what else he had managed to achieve in his all too short life.

Comments

Popular Posts