HHGTTG

A busy week. I'd be posting more but I'm still having trouble with getting on line in the study. This comes to you from the hallway downstairs.

Last weekend I saw the movie version of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. I love HHGTTG but remember it fondly as a (very funny) radio series and a (very funny) collection of books. I seem to remember a very funny stage play and fairly hilarious towel too. The film was very clever and beautifully made but, you guessed it, not very funny. I had gone to the cinema wanting to like it, and I did. Just not very much, that's all.

In other news, Soul Beaver rehearsed on Tuesday for a gig this Saturday night. I enjoyed the week's teaching but have a mountain of paperwork to do (it's going to be like this for the rest of the month and then some). I said good-bye to a friend who is moving away but I said hello to my in-laws at an Indian restaurant for a meal with lots of conversation.

The elephant in the blog/room recently has been the elections here in the UK. I voted yesterday and stayed up listening to results with Jenna. The general election is typically British. We spend all our time banging on to others about the importance of democracy, and then as soon as an election is called we start complaining about how boring it is. More people turned out to vote than last year but it's still shockingly low. And did the right party win...?

Comments

Popular Posts