Conversation

I went for a walk up the road to fetch the veg box. Usually nothing weird happens. Tonight I was accosted by a nice man who engaged me in conversation.

Him: Hello. Have I met you before?

Me: No, I don't think so.

Him: I didn't think I'd met you before.

Me: I moved here about six months ago. Hi, (puts out right hand) I'm Will.

Him: (Puts out left hand, making shaking hands tricky) Are you busy right now?

Me: (wilting under the weight of the veg box and high temperature) I am a bit, yes.

Him: Oh, Would you do something for me, 'cause you can't be that busy.

Me: What?

Him: Would you punch me?

Me: (After thinking "I'm on telly") No.

Him: Why not?

Me: (tactful silence)

Him: Won't you do what I've asked you to do?

Me: No. (I walk away).

Him: I've just asked you to punch me. Won't you punch me?

Me: No. (Keeps walking, doesn't look back).

I've linked this to MIND's website and wished I knew more about these sort of issues. I'm worried someone might grant his wish.

Comments

Will said…
I was surprised by the word 'Booble', especially when I Googled booble.
Will said…
Yikes! I'll have to put up a warning. "Don't Google Booble, kids."

Popular Posts